Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goods and Bads!!!

It's been way to long since I've been on here, so long in fact I didn't even know my password to log in.  I haven't even been following along with blogs that I've followed for years.  I guess I was thinking what's the purpose of posting things twice since I'm on Facebook so often?  Well I'm going to give it another try and start blogging again like I use to years ago.  It's up to all of you out there if you find me and my family interesting enough to follow along 
It's been a really tough past year lot's of ups and downs, unexplained illnesses with our kids. Like our oldest daughter Trinity suffering from migraines for so long (9mos).  She has more good days then bad now after being hospitalized for a week in Jan. at Children's to basically try and reset her brain.  More unexplained sick with Tristian over the last year and a half with almost zero white blood cell count (WBC) to heart irregularities, and having MERSA (flesh eating disease) again.  And then Savannah rupturing her eardrum the day before her 12th Birthday. Which that is still healing. With hubby being away for a few months last summer and fall while he was on the road driving truck and me having to deal with extremely rude and harassment from our neighbors that at one time were friends or at least the kids were friends and our husbands worked together.  To almost losing my oldest son last June 1st. Which has changed the way he see's his life and his family, that's for sure!   I think I've covered the major bad stuff.  So yes needless to say it's been a rough past year to say the least!!  Now onto the GOOD stuff....yes good did happen!!
Tristian made the Varsity Football Team his Sophomore year, and played on both JV and V.  Also he decided to do Wrestling and he made Varsity on that too.  He placed 2nd in Districts and made it to State down in Pocatello (10 hrs south of here).  He did letter so now we save up for his letterman's jacket.  It was a great experience for him!  He also is going to 2 wrestling camps this summer.  And he just finished and passed drivers ed!!!  Trinity has learned 6 instruments now in band and just brought home a Sax to learn as well.  She is doing amazing in band and is trying out for Jazz Band for next year! And plans on lettering in Band as well.  Grades this year for her have been tough but that's because of her headaches.  She is doing everything she can to get them back up and is taking the initiative to find out what she can do to get back on track and is planning out her next 3 years of High School and what classes she should take. She is applying for jobs and looking into colleges.  Same with Tristian although the job thing for him isn't as important as it is for her because of his sports schedule.  But as a career choice for them they have both decided on what they really want to do.  I'll talk about that later.  Savannah is doing great in school, of course.  The only thing she struggles with is test taking...she has a bit of anxiety when it comes to that. Each quarter she comes home with a stack of award letters.  I don't know where she gets it from but probably her Aunt Lala since she is identical to her and they even share the same birthday.  She is enjoying her 4th season of soccer and LOVING it!!!  She too is already wanting to look at colleges and has had her career choice made up years ago.  We'll just have to wait and see if it stays the same!  Sierra is doing good, still playing the princess role of the family.  She is currently in her 5th season of soccer and I'd love to say she is loving it too but I think she'd so much rather be on stage acting or dancing/singing.  There is a local theater group here in town and I have thought about signing her up for it, so we'll see.  And then there's Zachary, full of energy but also the one to cuddle with me the most!  I love that!!!  As long as he stays focused at school he is doing great!!  I am finding that he is a really smart kid and when he understands it he wants to move on or he'll lose interest.  His teachers' daughter was his soccer coach this last Fall which he loved but after doing basketball for the first time this winter he decided he didn't want to do soccer.  He wants to do what his brother does...wrestling and football!  That will start this fall.  I can't wait to see him out there on the mat and the field.  So cute!!! I was able to go on another cross country road trip with my sis last May to New Orleans.  It was another AMAZING trip!  Dave and I we got to go on our first trip/time away together this past spring break.  So 8 years later we had our honeymoon in Vegas!!  We had an amazing time and saw so much.  And we definitely want to go back and do more things together.  It's amazing what happens when you actually take time to work on your marriage!! Not just be mom and dad but actually husband and wife!  Great things!!  The kids stayed with my parents and my best friend Michelle in Shelton.  Our goal is to do something for ourselves once a year, again, we'll see.  So I think I've covered most of the big things good and bad that we've been through over the past year....oh yeah a couple more things. Dave has STOPPED smoking and I have STOPPED drinking sugary drinks, started excursing and eating healthy.  I am down 21 lbs and 12.5 total inches!!!  To a better rest of the year and better at blogging!!!  :)
*Pictures to follow with up coming blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment